Total Pageviews

Monday, December 13, 2010

Early Morning

Lately it's been so humid that i can't sleep, I'm an early riser anyway but i seem to be getting up earlier each hot summer morning. Today i woke at 5 am and couldn't sleep, i took the dogs out and then climbed back into bed even with the fan on there was no going back to sleep, i decided to get up and enjoy the day, the weather here is overcast with a light drizzle, but oh so hot....
So today i made Christmas cookies, i wanted to decorate them in Christmas colours but didn't have the right things in my pantry so instead they are all pink, pink trees and pink bells, i made them for my sons step children, they won't care what colour they are as long as they taste good, the cookies are lemon and ginger shortbread and chocolate cookies, and the icing had a hint of lemon in yum!
They aren't the prettiest iced cookies around but i was in a little bit of a hurry and it's the thought that counts, the kids will like them no matter what. I have a busy day planned, firstly I'm off to the gym, i have been putting off going for weeks now and need to get back into the swing of things, then i going to do some Christmas shopping, I'm not looking forward to it though, i feel a little claustrophobic with all the people out and about, but it has to be done, luckily for me i was organised early and did all my Christmas shopping months ago, plus i have alot of homemade items to go with what i have already brought, so all i have to buy are a few top up items.I love homemade gifts, the best gifts around are the ones loving made for us by our family and friends, so much care and thought and time goes into these beautiful gifts, it makes giving so special.Last year i made hampers for my sons partners, inside were jams and pickles all lovingly made, home baking and chocolates, plus other items like beautiful cheeses that i brought from the farmers market, dish cloths, tea towels, alcohol plus all sorts which i placed in a decorated basket, there was so much stuff,one of the girls loved it especially the chocolates,the other loved the booze in it and seemingly nothing else, so it seemed my time and effort was wasted, i on the other hand would just love that,a hamper full of homemade goodies would fantastic. My mum is wonderful, she gives me the best gifts all loving handmade, beautiful shawls that take her so many hours to knit, the loveliest socks, handmade Christmas decorations and the most beautiful cards, everyone else gets me wine, not that i am complaining but i don't really drink and when i do i don't drink wine, usually it ends up in my cooking.Well my Christmas shopping awaits...

No comments:

Post a Comment